View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:58 AM   #47
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

This is a fun thread.. :-) Will read more on the other pages. But I think I got a hopefull and fun story to share.

Today, lazy, tired, and didn't feel like cooking, Beside that one has to open the fridge or freezer and choose........ something..
So I went to the greasy spoon..
It is a joint couple a miles down the road.. Named the Huddle House (I think.... :-)
<Insert verify web, Yep it is, the huddle House.. :-) >
They have decent food, for the price one can afford. The waiters aren't Hooters style and lacking the attitude, same with the clients so it is more like comfy place to eat some food.. (Am I boring already?) So I have some coffee, a salad, the sirlion and some sweet potato fries.. This is the only place i know, they have sweet potato fries, and I love sweet potato fries..
I am sitting by myself, enjoying me dinner, and on occasion, but not to often the friendly waitress request whether the cop of coffee needs a refill.. (Yes Europe.. Here you get a mug, and they keep refilling the damn thing like they get it from a never ending well... Instead of charging by the cup.. Talk about capitalism.. ;-)
I took 1/2 a refill to rewarm my coffee during the dinner, and noticed that shift change was nearing... So I put the tip on the table.. I felt good, the dinner was enjoyable, the waitress was friendly. I tipped 5 bucks between the astray and the empty cup.. Normally I don't go that far, since the dinner was only 14 bucks.. But I thought after this weekend... What the Hell, she makes half my pay an hour, lets have her something extra.... So I walk with the ticket to the cash register, and noticed she forgot to count the salad in the total price for the food. When I told this to the Girl at the cash register She said, well I will give you 10% discount and the salad is included in the main dish, how does that feel? Hmmmmm, Wait a sec, I want to pay for what I ate, and they give me a discount? Am I missing something here? So I said, Yes, it is alright... I payed something 13+ and was still pondering why... So I asked, Why did I get the discount? Because I pointed to what I thought was a mistake from the girl? Or that I was that honest to mention it? She laught and said.. The last... I told her, so honesty DOES pay... She answered.. Now don't be a stranger, come back again.. I answered, I will I will... In the car I remembered, the tip.. That they couldn't have known about...

So the moral of the story

:-) Friendliness and Honesty do pay for everyone :-)

I don't feel like spell checking and in this sharing mood.. Any grammatical errors you find, are yours to keep.. :-)
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote