View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: selling a house privately/or using an agent ???

Hi eXchanger,

I have sold several properties without the help of a real estate agent.
You can definitely profit from carrying out the transaction without having to pay out commission fees, if you know what to do to protect both parties.

It is possible to have all the legal documentation done properly as well as take all the necessary actions needed to be legally protected (home inspections, financing approval, transfer dates, etc.) and all in a timely fashion. Once the preliminary agreements are consented to by both parties, and some basic documents are filled out, then the next and most important step is to go to a Notary, have him thoroughly review the Offer to Purchase and to make sure all is in proper order. You can go to a notary that you know and trust for confirmation that all is legally binding or else you can consult the buyer's choice of notary since he/she will be executing the research and transaction papers, they properly won't charge as much to review your preliminary Offer to Purchase.

If you need any specific help with setting up any of the preliminary paperwork or directives as to what needs to be agreed upon at the onset to begin with, do not hesitate to PM me. I'd be glad to be of help.

--Cosmic Dancer
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote