View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #45
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Frantic Call from an Ex-worker of Area 51, Continue if you DARE ... ;o ;P

I'm not to sure whether this is relevent but regardless of the authenticity of the callers - my ears pricked up at the fact the station was shut down - particularly when someone asked "what could throw a whole satellite of course"?

Well a few years ago I used to "chat" to a person who was posted by the US Navy to a place called Diego Garcia. NOw at that time (not being American) i had no idea where or what this place was - but of course i did some research and what an interesting little island it is!!

Anyway - he told me that his entire "job" was watching the skies with the sole purpose of tracking satellites and "avoiding" satellite collisions.

"you any idea of how much junk is up there?" he asked me. Well according to him the ones that arent functioning can pose a threat to operative satellites and if there is a chance of collision they can "move" the operative ones out of the way so to speak.

Of course i asked the obligatory question - you sure your not looking for UFO's ? to which the reply was ha ha ha

So in view of this i am SURE that an entire Navy Tracking Operation can do a whole lot more than just "nudge" off course satellites at risk of collision.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote