View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #74
Gordopangrawit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Has anyone heard of Maitreya??

If my memory serves me correctly,

In the Surangama Sutra, there is a Maitreya Bodhisattva who stands and declares his favoured path to enlightenment, that being meditation on the element of conciousness. In the proceedings he mentions the Buddhas prophecy that he shall be his successor. (This I've checked)

I think that the prophecy indicates that there is a 500 year period of flowering (of Buddhism), followed by a 2000 year decline. After that comes another 2000 year period, at the end of which Buddhism will have disappeared without a trace (With the Surangama Sutra being the first to have disappeared). At that time the new Buddha would appear. It might be a long wait, so don't hold your breath.

In the Amitahba Sutra (?) I'm sure that it describes Ajita Bodhisattva, and says that he is the future Maitreya Buddha. Punch him, kick him and he will return nothing but the best regards. (This is from my probably faulty memory of something that I read over ten years ago)

The Tien Tao Taoist movement refer to Mila Buddha, the Chinese version of the name. They practice various forms of channeling and automatic writing. Very interesting for the observer. They claim Mila Buddha to be energetically active at the present 'end times', and state that he was thrown out of heaven specifically for the task. About thirteen years ago I read something that said that the world was currently in the time described as the opening of the sixth seal in Revelation. Read that for yourself, paying attention to the chapter titled 'The 144000....' They claim no corporeal form for this Mila Buddha, and for all of their eccentricities don't ask worship of any messiah.

As an aside but still on the Mila Buddha subject, I was once shown a sheet of channelled Chinese characters, on which the words 1999 - 2000 had been written. Those who have had contact with Chinese mystery groups may have seen this phenomenon, where they have a sheet of characters and superimpose larger characters in which coded messages are found. In this case I was told that the message here was for a particularly dire scenario on these years. Some years later (after those dates came and went on our calander) I mentioned to the person who has shown it to me about how dire they had been. Her reply was - "oh those dates were for the Taiwanese calander which is eleven years behind ours". That was five years ago.

Cheers
Gg.nz
Gordopangrawit is offline   Reply With Quote