View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What about Australia?

Hi all,

just thought I'd way in with my two cents worth - there might be a valid reason that Pinegap is where it is, surrounded by desert but think about the region around it. There are artesian water sources located thru out the area, I'm pretty sure these have been scoped out via satellite b4 the decision was made to locate there. Population density for the region, sparse by comparison to the seaboard, (easy to defend), where if it all hits the fan, ppl will be looking after number one first and foremost... Have any of you been in the region when/after rain, I can assure you it doesn't all just evaporate nor does it just lie around as groundwater....

Agreed, there are vast tracts of waterways that have dried up but there are also lg numbers of properties across the country that would support smaller communities on bore water. Has anyone thought of learning the old method of how to find water by divining. A g/f's father does this as an adjunct to his 'day job' and is renown in NSW for locating potable water using this method, ( a +90% success rate).

All that aside, I think we'll still be in a very comfortable pos by comparison to a lot of other folk.

There are a lg number of choices provided ppl forward plan for their options should it all turn to custard.

This board is giving us the opportunity to extend our networks or introduce ourselves to some like minded ppl that may/may not become part of our overall system of support for the coming days, mths, yrs. We are keeping all our options open and have several options open in various areas, depending on the fallout.

Blessings to you all,

Vesta
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote