View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Intuitive Dissection of the Pete Peterson Information

I also had a problem with the way he described the "unforeseen" non-crashing of the economy back in 2001 and also now. He describes this as being caused by INERTIA? How the f--k does a term invented to explain the resistance of an object to vectors of friction have anything to do with economic science?

My logic for why this does not add up is simple. We hear all of the time how these cooperations stole the money because they could not account for it. I think the whole thing is a giant smoke screen now.

Let me see if my simple mind is seeing the truth of what actually happened. First the Federal Reserve created a digital representation of billions of dollars out of thin air. Next this digital illusion of monetary value passes through the hands of the government then the hands of financial institutions then disappears again into oblivion.

So the money appeared out of nothing, then disappeared again back into nothingness. Am I off base when I conclude that nothing actually happened other than the make believe story about a bunch of ones and zeros on a few computer databases? Was the whole thing a giant distraction? Did it actually result in the devaluation of our currency? If it did then why hasn't the dollar crashed already. Why isn't bread 30 bucks a loaf?