View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
Marcus
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Remain Upbeat. Please.

obiwanFUTURE, I too have noticed some fearmongering going on here (to a degree) and certainly on other forums.

It's a case of discernment isn't it? Those posts which claim a nuclear attack is coming tomorrow are not at all the same as those which say the economy is soon to 'crash'. The former is imaginative speculation, the latter is based upon reason and intuition.

Whatever way we look at it, we have now entered a period of great change. For years people have discussed 'upcoming' events such as global crises, economic change, widespread wars etc. They were always scenarios of the future. That is now no longer the case. The time is now.

So the question is how do we choose to face these changes? Do we pretend that we are still back in previous months/years where the coming change is still an event upon the distant horizon - something which may or may not occur?

Today we sit at a threshold. Fear is a human condition, we were given it for a reason. But we were also given the faculties to overcome our fear. Yet that does not mean we should thus use those faculties to ignore our fears. Fears are a thing to be worked with - they are indicators which show us something is wrong - whether on a personal spiritual level, or on a global level. There are many tools we can use to work with our fear - and when we do so, we discover that it is possible to reconfigure ourselves.

We can 'suppress' our fears, we can 'overcome' them, we can turn away from them, and we can work with them. Our task is to choose the combination of those methods (and others) which our reason and spirit tells us is best suited to the task at hand.

So then obiwanFUTURE, let me pose a question to you, if I may. What does your reason and intuition tell you about current world events?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote