View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 AM   #55
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ecuador farm sanctuary

I'm not arguing against the ability to detox oil spills and contaminated soil. I use a product called BioZome which is a collection of primitive archaeobacteria collected from harsh environments around the world. It will break down even nasties like dioxins and chlorinated hydrocarbons. I use it to jump-start compost and to seed new garden soils and crops with beneficial bacteria.

I also use a product called MycoApply MAXX that is mostly symbiotic fungi with some beneficial bacteria added. It's not from Stamets, but from mycorrhizalsolutions.com, IIRC. I'm aware of this stuff, though my main focus is soil minerals. Check out my web site: www.soilminerals.com lots of free iinfo on soil mineral balancing.

If one is forced to grow crops on a city lot, i agree it would be a good idea to decontaminate it first. If one has country property where the fields have had many years of pesticides used, ditto. I would still advise anyone growing food for their family to find the cleanest land they can unless they have no choice, but I still recommend a fungi-bacteria package for all new gardens and crop fields.

The LaMotte test and the standard soil test have different purposes. The standard test measures reserves, what is potentially available. The LaMotte test measures what is immediately available. I have a hard enough time convincing people just to spend $20 on a standard test.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote