View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why The Venus Project Won't Work !!!!!!!!!

OK - my humble opinion here - and please bear with me people!!

Humans are competitive creatures! (apparently) after all evolution demands survival of the fittest

People have NEEDS - the same as any other organism on this planet. Food, water, shelter, procreation and LOVE and then as civilisation progressed a need to find our PLACE in society. And that was probably true that people were competitive even back in way way simpler times.

However - in my view the ONE big change in even my lifetime - has been the effect of ADVERTISING in our everyday lives. Creating WANTS instead of NEEDS to the point where people cannot differentiate between the two anymore.

In order to create GROWTH economically you cannot have people being content with the same old couch your bought 20 years ago!! oh no out it goes - it must be updated!! new house bigger house - better car - more prestige!!

Kids today are force fed this from infancy!! Designer clothes - educational brand names "toys" - whatever happened to playing in the dirt ?!! lol

Those of us who ever read a magazine, watch a TV, walk down the street are continually bombarded with subliminal messages on WHY we are NOT good enough as we are without BUYING another product.

The ME ME ME society has been ingrained from birth to a lot of people and who can blame them??

Advertising has continually shoved what the so called THEM THEM THEM are doing and telling us that IF you DO this BUY this you TOO can be as happy and successful as those imaginary THEMS!!!

We are shown these Super beautiful Super sexy Super successful people (which really dont exist except in an airbrushed image of an advertising agency) and then the DESIRE is instilled to be LIKE them or even better. The DESIRE created therein is WHAT drives people to be ME ME ME at all costs.

Everyone believes in their deepest heart that they are better than what they are and deserve more than this life is offering - and along comes the advertising magic and feeds them the wrong dream to pursue!!

Its so simple yet it works almost everytime!!
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote