View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Just a thought about running for cover.

Thanks for starting this one, Ampgod.

I am now looking at my own state of heart as coming before any shopping list of freeze dried rations and bottles of iodine tincture. Or buying any ticket on any boat. Or joining any quasi-survival group.

Why ?

Why do so many of these scenarios put ME at the centre of the trouble?? 'I'M' going to starve, I'M going to succumb to a mobbing crowd, I'M going to drown, I'M going to be implanted with a chip...

Because it makes ME special.

I think that says more about our ego than about a confirmed reality. Much of this stuff is hypothetical. Even if it really IS planned, we all know about the best laid plans of mice and men (and the dolphins). I am sure I can say that it MAY not actually happen. None of it. In fact, something MAY happen that none of us have even thought of yet. Should I be worried about that too?

If we all knew the exact date of our deaths. would that change the way we look at all of this material ?? Would we even be ON project avalon? Or would we instead be outside in the fresh air living our lives ?

Heavens...as if I didn't have enough to think about in my normal life - 'I need to cook dinner, I need to go shopping, I need to dig the weeds'

I think avalon is a great place to meet like and unlike minded people. As a place for reading up on new things to be afraid of...I don't buy into that, that is not it's most useful potential for me. So yes, I say here here to anyone who says choose life. There is a life out there to be lived right now and people to connect with, to awaken. I don't think my future is on a boat or underground.

I agree that the soul is the most important thing. I can tell you one thing - one hundred years from now, I won't be around. so better to have been and lived the best I can. That I can do, right now...

Check out some thoughts on my thread 'fear heightens the senses' if you're interested.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5475

peace n love

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote