View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #73
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: CHRISTIANITY and avalon : a question from clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorian's Revenge View Post

Those of us that believe that the Christ energy was a descending energy who set out to show us how to believe in ourselves, do not feel insulted by those who post about religion.

We cannot change the minds of those who are not ready to throw away all beliefs in everything but their own truth. Their own reality.
for the record im not insulted by religious posts or threads im just noticing a lot of them, and certainly theyre 99% christian and not others.

this thread was more or less a "lets see a show of hands, who's a christian" and then maybe a brief summary why they went from those beliefs to incorporating aliens and whatnot into it.

i didnt set out for a religious debate because it will go on and on endlessly. everybody has interpreted christianity a bazillion different ways and will continue to do so.

christianity has managed to incorporate every new scientific discovery and im sure aliens is just another example of that. i think its interesting- personally all of "jesus's" (or whomever you want to call him you can debate if he actually existed as a person , certainly theres evidence he didnt)
but whatver the case the messages attributed to the man are good so i have no problem with that.

christianity in particular has an "end times" scenario with a great battle between good and evil/light and dark and a lot of people are taking whats coming as an example of that and aliens/reptillians/dark entities and their "agenda" fit right into that (this is my summation and observation)

i think the more interesting question is whether "civilzations" with organized religions and a hierarchical ruling order is a biologically inferior way of life compared to nomadic hunter gatherer tribes. certainly if atlantis and lemuria with their oh so advanced technology/spirituality wiped themselves out and we went back to tribal living and then now we wipe ourselves out with the exception of isolated tribes. we existed that way for hundreds of thousands of years before jesus, mohamed , buddha showed up.

personally i like the phrase "god helps those who help themselves" and everything that implies.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote