View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #128
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Scottish Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaundelear View Post
Well I thought someone would have done a quick write up as to how the meeting went but it seems to fall to me.
My main reason for writing is to encourage those who wanted to come but for various reasons missed out to make the effort the next time.

We met up at the carvery in Bathgate, windy, wet ,Sunday afternoon and everything just seemed to click there was no pressure at all no lingering atmosphere.
The food was good we got aquainted as we shared a nice cheap meal.
There were 7 of us .
I think we benifited from having a good mix agewise and I got to meet some lovely Ladies -think I really benifited from hearing the Ladies perspective helped clarify a few things for me, and Rab and Mat agreed.
The conversation did jump a little ,there were many experiences to tell and relate to which seemed to create a base level of understanding throughout the conversations -an instant respect .
The things we covered were not in depth - when you are reasured you by someone finnishing what you are talking about its an amazing feeling that your not the only nutter!
In fact I felt empowered on reflection,not in the "Ave got the ball!" way , more I am no longer alone , all those hours of research were not wasted and that the path We seemingly have chosen is Just .
Inspiring.
It was getting dark and the Ladies left ,hopefully one of you will post to encourage the girls to come to the next meet.
So it's me Rab and Matt and we had a laugh - about some heavy topics !which seemed to make it funnier?
Rab has an inbuilt abilty to cut to the point hummorously.
Another coffee for the road and it was all over but my head was still buzzing, almost scared incase I forgot something important.

Really looking forward to the next one which is probably the other side of Christmas.

So next time "walk the walk" with us.

Best Wishes All

Shaun

And what a good job you made of it Shaun I concur with what you say my friend the meeting was wonderful to be honest I did not want it to end.

I can not wait until the next gathering.

If I am honest I was so surprised that I was the only one that has read all the George green hand books it’s the content of these books we are suppose to be pondering this is what our forum is all about I honestly believe it is imperative all ground crew read the books the first 3 books are free and you can get them here:
http://www.nomorehoaxes.com/index.ph...d=22&Itemid=60

The fourth book “message for the ground crew” is only 31 pages long I am typing the book up at the moment I am on page 16 it will be posted as soon as I am finished.

I am also just of the phone to George green I was going to buy some books it fell through so he has $40 of mine I have asked him to send me as many set of the hand books as he can for $40 we could get a pass along going with the books I know it’s a lot to sit in front of the pc reading 3 long books.

I don’t mean to say theses books are do or die but I promise you they will help with many of the questions you no doubt have.

I really believe part of the agenda for the next gathering should be the reading of these 4 books

I understand and agree that we need to stand together build a self sustaining community this is my personal dream too but it’s honestly not about survival it’s about transcending this nightmare we all partake of day in day out

For me it’s about ending the darkness on more fear hate or anger in favour of the light

One more book that is an incredible read a must Chris gave it to me as a gift

The book is: “The power of now”

Love one and all

Lak-ech my family

Rab
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote