View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: CHRISTIANITY and avalon : a question from clark

I was raised in a christian family, went to church every week, sunday school, prayer meetings, youth group, etc. I was a convinced believer in heaven, hell, angels, demons, and even 6 day creationism - thanks to the folks at 'Answers in Genesis', which all reinforced to me that basically I had no choice but to believe, because this is just how things are, and you don't want to end up in hell...

I'm also a questioner though, and christianity doesn't hold up to extensive questioning...
Eventually, after 27 years, I saw it for what it is. As inherently manipulative as any control system.

I understand the New Ager's talk of love and light, etc. It's nice and all, but I don't think that holds up to questioning either.
I think the dark has as valid a place as anything, so I'm more into finding a balance of all things now than any extreme.

Even so I don't like to see systems that exploit or manipulate or oppress, so I may step up against those I see pushing any religion, or other misinformation.

If I was to describe my current understandings, the closest I could come is similar to the basics of Theosophy, although I don't associate myself with them, or their goals.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote