View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #708
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
At this instant i am living in sorrow and self-pity, and it is not all mine. Planet of sorrow and self-pity, dangerous to be here and still maintain personal awareness. Contamination possibilities. Better to be detached from the matrix.
Tangent Time,
It is dangerous to be in self-pity, I look at this as the ego grabbing a hold. Thats another step is to recongize what type of ego you have or where it hides. Its not necessarily the hollywood attention ho. It could creep out and

do the whole feel sorry for myself thing, especially if its outloud. For me these things when conquered or when one survives the experience, it nibbles away at the ego. It has to learn to hide elsewhere. For me My ego took a

huge hit, when I had a near death experience. I didnt die. but physically i was put in a position due to an extreme surgery. Where I was completely vulnerable. I couldnt move and i went through hosipital stuff, lol, that I just

had to roll with. Instead of hanging on to the trama , i pushed through and came out the otherside with my ego leveled! aka taking down a notch. I used to be a very agressive person, and angry at times, that ego is gone. Its

hard to pick a fight with me these days. Not to say this might be due to me phyiscally not being the same. But either way my fighting ego got its ass kicked. Now this isnt all good because sometimes agression or fighting is

necessary or a certain type of aggresive ambtion. Especially in the workforce or sportworld. What I am learning now is how to rebuild this in a more positive way. Anyway , lol
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote