View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #73
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Red Letter Church

I guess I like the combination of simple Christ-likeness...combined with the pomp and ceremony of the Roman Catholic Church. This seems to be a contradiction...and in some ways it really is. But I think that the two seeming extremes should be combined. I picture Albert Schweitzer seated at the console of the organ at St. Sulpice in Paris...taking lessons from Charles Marie Widor. I picture Albert Schweitzer helping the African people at his clinic in Lambarene. I picture Mother Teresa speaking in the contemporary St. Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco. I picture Mother Teresa helping the Indian people in Calcutta. Both Albert Schweitzer and Mother Teresa had profound doubts...yet they were both Christ-like. Everyone should be Christ-like...whether they believe in Jesus or not. Everyone should wrestle with the words of Christ...whether they are Christians or not. Once again...I seek a Perfected Humanity Living in a Perfected Solar System...which would include both Clinics and Cathedrals...perhaps under the same roof...but sans gargoyles, bent crosses, and black masses.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 04-03-2010 at 01:09 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote