View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #47
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Daydream Believers of Project Camelot

From http://speculativerealms.blogspot.co...believers.html

There are a lot of folks out there on the web devoting a great deal of cyberspace to paranormal issues but few do the global reach thing more than Project Camelot. Most people who report, investigate, research, debunk, or otherwise contemplate UFOs, extraterrestrials, conspiracies, secret societies, etc., don't have an awful lot of pocket change to go jetting around this oft-visited planet to do conferences and interview exotic personalities from faraway lands.

Project Camelot is not most people.

Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy globtrot a lot. They've done conferences in Zurich, L.A., and Barcelona. When they aren't hopping a plane, they're skyping together radio shows and cobbling together mp3 files like post-it notes stuck to the fridge. These two dynamos are the most productive people in the world. They've earned their audience with E.T. based on the sheer volume of material they've pumped out alone.

They interview people who make predictions that, generally speaking, don't come true. They've struck out with Dr. Bill Deagle, Dr. Pete Peterson, and Jordan Maxwell. Deagle and Maxwell are prophets of doom and their prophecies haven't come to pass. Deagle still is carrying on about the H1N1 virus. Maxwell is still caught up in an Illuminati fog. They both, being the scholars that they are, should write books and retire from making predictions. There are too many timelines to keep up with. Then again, if we live in a multiverse, and anything that can happen has happened, Deagle and Maxwell are batting a thousand--in some Universe somewhere.

Just not this universe.

Pete Peterson predicted a November 27th disclosure of the Alien Presence by President Obama. I suppose Dr. Peterson can argue that the Norway Spiral WAS Obama's disclosure, occurring as it did virtually in sync with Obama's Nobel Prize ceremony. The Good Doctor also should be writing books.

In fact, any five PC speakers picked at random could make a mint in publishing if they just switched their categories from fact to fiction. Whitley Streiber did it. Why can't these guys? Do they know what kind of economy we live in?

Bill Ryan seems to enjoy collecting these tales. He is like a fireside aggregator. Once he's collected a nice batch, he synthesizes it and creates a metanarrative out of it. He used info gleaned from Project Camelot (PC) to construct A Tale of Two Timelines. If you don't listen to anything else from PC, listen to Ryan weave that web and you won't wonder at his storyteller acumen. He seems like a pot of golly gee mixed with plenty of pattern recognition and a pinch of daydream believing.

Kerry Cassidy is a spiritual adventurer who packs a punch. In PC interviews, Kerry is usually the one who develops a prickly demeanor when she encounters stupidity. This is why I hope I never meet her. I feel one has a right to one's stupidity and I'm afraid Cassidy would slaughter me with mine. She swelled up like a porcupine on laughing gas when she pounced on Dr. Steven Greer, who is himself capable of developing rashes of irritability that demonstrate almost anti-gravitic properties. In a messy UFO celebrity deathmatch, Cassidy whipped Greer silly. Greer haters must have burst into orgasm.

She will wax poetic from time to time about we mortals being on an evolutionary journey but she will also hang the moronic out to dry if her ******** monitor gets crossed too severely. Ryan, by contrast, is slow to wrath and goes to extremes not to offend. That makes him a good partner for Cassidy, who, ironically, seems to be the one person Ryan will attempt to defeat in battle from time to time--especially when they skip production meetings. Ryan, being the gentleman he is, always loses to Cassidy when they fight. Mysteriously, his phone line will sometimes disconnect in an interview session. This is less likely to be the Illuminati and more likely to be Ryan's realization that he can't win and must reboot himself to restore sanity. Cassidy is most assuredly the only person who can make Bill Ryan break out in hives.

They are good together. They produce riveting content. But there is a bit of a disconnect between PC's cheerfulness and its dark content.

Some of the guests seem to be in need of a good therapist, one preferably experienced with paranoid schizophrenics. You can definitely start to believe in your own Press in esoteric circles. Some PC interviews display people not only believing their own press but living in their own worlds.

That is not really too different from the rest of us. We all have our worldviews. We all pretty much live in them. That is why the soccer mom drives the SUV to practice while Bush wipes out one million Iraqis. Her worldview entitles her to an SUV. Her way of life entitles Bush to a one-million-Iraqi wipeout.

So if your worldview features you against the Illuminati in your head and it doesn't effect anyone else how can that be called sick and Operation Iraqi Freedom sane? The schizo fighting the Illuminati in his head isn't going to wipe out one million people. He might be hurting himself and perhaps his family but he isn't going to violate the Geneva Conventions. He may be healthier trying to orient to "reality" a bit better, but even if he swore to himself that his bellyfat was an antigravity system and that he could burp himself to Mars he'd never, ever get to be as sick and demented as George Bush and Dick Cheney were in their best moments.

That doesn't keep me from wishing that Project Camelot use at least some of its funds to provide mental health referrals to some of the souls they have interviewed. I'm not saying what they contend isn't true. But I am saying that what they say could be true AND they could use some help. It seems to me if Camelot's contention is that we are evolving, then Camelot should consider itself obligated to aid in that evolution. And yes, perhaps that would mean dissuading someone convinced he is being hounded by Reptillians from looking for evidence of scales in the photographs of the rich and famous.

Maybe the Lizards are there. Maybe they aren't. But how does doggedly pursuing Reptillians help one deal with everyday life? What do you say to your wife? Honey, I'm sorry, I couldn't look for work because I was hot on the trail of ruling class lizards?

That kind of chap needs help. And I don't see that help coming from Camelot.

Yet.
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote