Thread: floating rain
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Dougall
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: floating rain

Those are some really cool pix! I mean you could frame a couple of those!
Anyhow I think what we are looking at are disparate densities in the rain drops vs the body of water. A different count parts per million of dissolved solids in each. I was a Pool Plumber and Service Man for many years and I saw some pretty strange things. Your Pix remind me of some living organisms I witnessed in a Pool just after a rain. These things were clear and you had to kneel on the pool deck to see them. They were all along one side of the pool wall and submerged about a foot or so deep. They were about the size and shape of raindrops and moved sort of like slugs or worms, again they were clear and I had no idea what I was looking at. When I touched one with the eraser end of a pencil it moved away. These things were alive and remain a mystery to me.
I remember there was a Dairy Farmer out to visit his daughter's home and was standing by the pool when I got there. After we investigated these little critters he looked a little shaken and hurried back inside the house.

It's funny, I haven't thought of that day in a long time. Thanks for the photos they are first rate!
Dougall is offline   Reply With Quote