View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
SamWhiteHopi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Electric Car Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzab View Post
That's what I've really enjoyed about Project Avalon... "Think it and someone else will post it!!!!!".

I was sitting at a cafe an hour ago reading all the PA "GM/Big 3 Auto Bailout" posts on my iPhone, thinking THIS thread needs replying too!

Was specifically thinking about how many non/low-polluting auto technologies the 'Big 3' and the PTB that control them had suppressed over the years. The doco "Who killed the Electric Car" revealed just the tip of the iceberg in terms of new technology suppression, not only the 'auto' kind.

I feel we are living in the fabled 'interesting times', an overlap period between the death of old paradigms that use, abuse and destroy the living Earth, and the birth of new paradigms that are more 'Earth substaining/healing'.

Maybe at least some of the birthing pains we are going through could have been avoided IF greed & power hadn't dominated global decision-making for so long. We can no longer claim ignorance of the results of our actions. The question is 'what are we each prepared to willingly do to bring about the necessary changes?' instead of playing the 'blame game'.

Wasting energy finger pointing (unless that too can be harnessed into renewable motive power!!) is fast becoming futile.

Unfortunately I don't think it's a matter of either/or in terms of WHO should be bailed out (even if it's euphemistically called a 'loan'!) but whether such actions really get to the core of what's happening. The tide is coming in, and the King Canutes/PTB will not stop it with wads of fictional money. They will only intesify the pain that is a natural part of the birthing process that we are ALL in. (sorry for the mixed metaphors..)

That is why I've stayed around Project Avalon, you are kindred spirits engaging in this birthing process - yes even the ones here who are accused by others of being computer warriors only.

When the s**t does hit the fan with 'wake-up' force I suspect we will ALL know what we are here to do. Although I admit to periods of 'fear of the unknown' at a conscious level, at a deeper level I know many of us realise that what is happening is a natural precursor of a grand change of consciousness, a kind of 'Grand Opening'...I wonder if there are any door-buster prizes for the first ones through? No, no, that's old paradigm thinking! Hard to let go of eh?

Yeah, a few days ago the big 3 reps rocked up in their Volt cars, just like that. I am sure if anyone asked them they would just say they were in the experimental stage. But us who have seen ‘Who Killed the Electric Car’ know that is a load of horse manure. These guys will be the only ones driving cars if no oil or electricity was available. [After all, they have to get money somehow and that if through keeping the grid running with the oil, hey?] It is a guarantee they have something similar to the set up I mentioned in my OP, regarding the car being able to re-charge itself for when the grid goes belly up.

Willing to do heaps to bring about changes here. I am looked upon as some nut, but when the power is gone along with the supermarket conveniences some of the things I do now that are not difficult will be things people have to do.

Yeah, bail outs don’t get to the core of the problems. Now it is like putting a band aid on a major artary bleed. Look at the top guys of the big 3. How much bailout money would go to making sure they sustained their life styles first. Goodness, they are so wealthy that even if they sacrificed their wages and did without their annual bonuses for five years they would still be good. I am sure they own their properties, so are not facing trying to pay mortgages. And if not go and live in something a little more modest for a time. If they cared so much they would make the needed scarifies now and not in the year 2011. Thing is they will still have much even when the Big 3 sink. It's the workers who suffer, naturally. Unfortunately, bailouts encourage pointing the finger and having someone else [tax payer] foot the costs.

Being stuck at home caring for a severely handicapped adult limits much of what I could be doing, so being stuck behind a computer is pretty much all I can do. But I am in the process of trying to complete my autobiography [no computer no book] that was accepted by a publisher some three years ago. My ex English teacher I caught up with read the old draft some years ago and said I would get shot and tired to convince me not to publish it. Hey, what have I to loose? Honest, this System has taken all I have. I have zilch. At least I could leave something helpful behind, hey?

I also get fears, but that is due to caring for my friend who is totally dependent on me. If single and without responsiblities just get up and go wherever when the muck hits the fan. Not so easy with a charge in tow. He has asked several times for me to put him in a home, but hey, I know what happens to people like him in those places. He now understands we are in it together for the long hall. But like you say, at a deeper level we understand all this has to happen before we pass into the new paradigm. I am so over ready it’s killing me.
SamWhiteHopi is offline   Reply With Quote