View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #340
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Abraxas was banned and his group is closed

Brook

I think you missed my point entirely. Just to refresh your memory here’s part of my opening statement. “As for Abrax posting members to sexually harass them... well… if that’s the case he deserves the ban. I think everyone can stand behind that.”

It’s about Abrax being banned / charged with sexual harassment. It’s nothing to do with his thread. I haven’t concurred with the rest of your diatribe about why you think the thread should go or WHY YOU GOT offended. You kept sticking your finger in the bloody fire… gawd sake.

You have said little in the way of support for the aggrieved. All you basically have said or pointed out is that things you classify as sexual perversion, vulgarity, innuendo and cultism offended you. Also, you are astounded that people want the Abrax thread reinstated. There is a reason for that that alludes you. Know that I pointed out your problem (tender persuasion) you have deflected from it with sarcasm and backhanded insult. Should anyone on here reflect the position defended by Brian Oreilly, I’m afraid that’s you. I feel compelled to tell you that your tender Victorian attitudes to things sexually related are bizarre in this day and age. Knowing that you have this “hang up” you felt compelled to keep going back…why for gawd sake? The world has moved on from your archaic principles. You’re entitled to them but don’t even think you can push them back on me. Mills and Boom romance novels are just as graphic as Abrax. I certainly don’t feel offended by it. I certainly don’t need being protected from it. I certainly don’t need to be censored from it. I don’t need your brand of cotton wool, which quite frankly bemuses me. As for cultism I just don’t see it. Maybe I’m not polarised by fear of my own short comings, religion or moth balled principles.

When I wrote “(gawd..hope it's not a case of you guys knowing something I don't )” This was a tongue in cheek nod to the peanut gallery. Insinuating that they knew I was dealing with a less err grounded person. I see my intuition was correct and I concur with post 309. I’ve meet your type before enjoy your drink in the past the party has moved on.