View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #217
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
you are their guest and here at their expense
Carol I find this a bit odd you saying supporters are expense. First if you think about this properly without 'guests' they would have no site at all. Viewer sponsorship can easily cover running costs. Everyone knows that. You can even make money from it. It isn't expense. Second it's true they work for a living, and it's doing this. You do realize they get paid every time they do a conference they are not running around doing all this for free. Where would they get their money for the time to do this thin air? No this is their work. It's definitely a business. If it was non profit where is the budget to prove what has happened? No budget publically avaliable it's a business. I have herd they are running out of money but I wonder where did they get the money they were running out of was it inheritance?

To ask for a subscription is verification we know it's a business. Non profit never charges users. You actually can't say it's non profit and then charge it's a blatant contradiction.

Like Relin mentioned if they are going broke from the organization because it's costing them too much than they are earning from their living. Then it is a case of poor planning that's correct. If not just admit it's a business and what they do for a living. Nothing wrong with providing a service this way. Yet if you claim it's non profit when it's a business then yeah that becomes dishonesty.

Lets not kid ourself.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote