View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #200
Kris Riley
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrufficus View Post
If you guys need money for continuing, why not put a dvd collection together or some other smart person out there that has all the equipment to do that for a small fee could, so as all of us who come here can buy a homogenized version of your material.
If I was to donate my time authoring the dvds, which is something I do for work. The replicating of 200 dvds with cases and labels would cost about 1500 dollars (possibly less) and it would be decent enough to sell. You might make twice as much as you payed for duplicating and printing off sales. Also the place I work for can also do the sales and mailings of dvds to people and pay the royalties to Bill & Kerry. It's all about what you would want to spend.

I was thinking that if things stayed the way they are, there could be a donation drive periodically, sort of like public radio. I think that people who have the funds to contribute would do so and those wanting a dvd would also contribute. Maybe there could be levels of donating. A minumum donation would add you to a list of contributors that would be available to view by members. Just so there could be an idea of how much is being given. Even if it was 5 dollars that would be fair enough to start with and anything past 20 dollars would be eligible for a dvd or maybe a t-shirt with a simple cool logo. That is what I think would work. Making it a mandatory subsciption fee would probably not work.

My girlfriend Venus also suggested something that would maybe be an option. "If you donate 5 dollars you will recieve the privelage of posting your own avatar and pictures." Possibly videos and music if you donate even more, was what I just thought of, off of her thoughts. I think there are ways for making this site profitable with little to no impact to those seeking information.

Last edited by Kris Riley; 11-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Kris Riley is offline   Reply With Quote