View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Air France airbus goes down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi waitinginthewings,

There were 228 people on board including the crew which included 3 pilots and I beleive 7 cabin crew. I just relayed the information that I had at the time.

The plane probably went down as apparently the Brazilian airforce was asked to start a search three hours after the last contact with the flight. If the aeroplane is still up there, it would have appeared by now.

I said in my initialpost that the weather here was heavy rain (I live very close to Recife) and weather reports indicated heavy turbulence in the area at the time.

On 25th May, a flight going to Sâo Paulo from Miami struck heavy turbulence as it came over this region, so much turbulence that passengers were thrown up against the ceiling of the aircraft:

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/c...s,377256,0.htm

It seems that heavy weather is increasing over the South Atlantic. Watch out for the hurricanes up north!

Air France said that there was also an electrical fault reported and so this also could have contributed to the disappearance.

Best regards,

Steve
Thank you for the update, I'm avoiding the news these days. I hope there are survivors, and am praying for all involved.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote