View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #254
Indigocat
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

What i am going to say has probably been said before as i have not read all that is in this thread , all that really mattered to me was the question . It is a question that has been asked before on other Forums and strange how people can get so confused and angry defending the need for ego as they understand it .
What i know, i know from observing and not from the study of books ,by the study of myself and other humans .

Ego to me is a piece of ones self that has given us status in our own minds , it likes to be patted on the back for what it has learnt . When many people learn the same thing they group together for strength to up hold this ego , but inside of this is a place of stillness , because ego doesn't like to be challenged .
So to me ego holds us back from the learning , as to truly learn the most it is needed to let go of the self .
So for me to say ' i know nothing ' is a freeing place to learn ,as i let go of old patterns and welcome the new , until its purpose has been served . Namaste
Indigocat is offline   Reply With Quote