View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Appalachia Ground Crew

_____

My previous thread, 'Appalachia Crew', had its name changed to 'West Virginia'. Yes I'm in WV, and am looking to settle within the boundaries of this State, but the thread was never meant to be about West Virginia only.

The Appalachians range through a dozen or more States. Seems to me, people looking to relocate from 'non-safe' places in the eastern US would think to 'head for the hills' -- and that puts them (you?) in Appalachia.

There are maps, one in particular put forth by Mary Summer Rain in one of her books, that show the eastern part of the United States separated from the rest of the continent. In the middle of that area are the oldest mountains on Earth, the Appalachians.

I can't pretend to know what the Earth Changes will bring. I just know where I want to be during the transitional period, and that is in the mountains that are not terribly far from where I live now. If possible, I'd like to be living in a sustainable, even prosperous community in the heart of those old, low mountains.

Such a community will require members with varied skillsets, who won't mind working within their special fields only as needed.

I envision a sanctuary, where any and all sustainable technology is welcome, and old traditions blend with new traditions that we make ourselves.

I see new communities springing up, based on the example set by new pioneers. I see a network of such communities...

Is anyone out there?

- fil

_____
fil is offline   Reply With Quote