View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #711
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

12,000 hits, that does tell me something. Sometimes though I would like to see a balance between the philosophy and theory portion and posted results from actual doingnesses, either past or present. Practical applications, and wins.

For example, if the ego comes up in my session and gets processed, or if something occurred with me today that helped me change my ego responses.

The reason for doing this is that people won't get stuck in intellectualizing, or simply "understanding" versus actually experiencing and personal knowing.

Kind of like having a thread all about riding a bike, but no one is ever going to actually get on a bike and ride it and then post about it.

I would like to hear more personal stories of how someone bested their ego. I think I've already started to contribute. I have been told that I am heavily into practicality -- you know -- head in the clouds, feet on the ground type of person :-)

That is probablyl what makes me adequately equipped to giving people sessions of the type that make them go and handle their ego stuff for real and subjectively.

Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote