View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Prevention is Central to Healthcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
Yes it is but I think the solution is exposing and taking away control from the international bankers and corporate CEOs who are the decision makers from behind the scene.

It is the role of an honest government to protect the populace. In my opinion, we can't have honest government as long as there is money in politics. I believe this is the core of our problem.
I sometimes wonder if all of the people should vote on a daily basis. With the advent of the internet...do we really need representatives to think for us? I've been pushing the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights a lot...but within that general framework of government...should the people represent themselves rather than electing representatives who represent corrupt special interests...rather than the people who elected them? Are we the irresponsible delegating authority to the even more irresponsible...who we then blame for being irresponsible? Should the elected representatives make their case on the internet...and then let we the people vote? That would solve that pesky money problem...wouldn't it?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-22-2010 at 04:21 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote