View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #10
no caste

Default Re: Israel and the Nutbar Factor - Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Condem Israel at your own risk..............
I can't speak for the author of the article. For me, I was actually mocking Israel. Well, maybe condemning it too.

There are so many Israels! The nation state, the promised land (of the heart?), the ancient kingdom. Which one?! The moderate, the extremist, democratic, theocratic, militaristic, always-right? It's complex.

What you say here is it's OK (for rabbis) to lie, to protect Israel (the nation state), which is what the article is about. I'm saying it's NOT OK. My opinion is it's not OK to lie or produce 'strange fiction' to sell as fact = nutbar factor. Look at the booklet's distribution command chain:

"Officials encouraging the booklet’s distribution include senior officers, such as Lt. Col. Tamir Shalom, the commander of the Nahshon Battalion of the Kfir Brigade.

"The booklet was published by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America, in cooperation with the chief rabbi of Safed, Rabbi Shmuel Eliahu, and has been distributed for the past few months."

There were more examples too -
- This "spy," who formerly went by the name Ibrahim and now calls himself Avi, claims Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah was part of a delegation that journeyed to Italy, France, and Poland, alongside representatives of the Vatican.
- The Pope and the cardinals of the Vatican help organize tours of Auschwitz for Hezbollah members to teach them how to wipe out Jews, according to a booklet being distributed to Israel Defense Forces soldiers.

All false. The author of the article called it 'kooky propaganda.' I call it LIES, LIES AND MORE DAMN LIES. All is not wonderful in Israel. I don't like it. I don't buy it. Heck, maybe they're just trying to keep the troops motivated to kill Palestinians. Like with these -

"The t-shirts were printed for Israeli soldiers at the end of periods of deployment or training courses and were discovered by Israeli newspaper Haaretz." more

I'm pretty sure you meant your warning as a friendly spiritual reminder, so thank you. Yet, when I see depleted uranium babies I see not-God and I know who did it, i.e. its chain of command. I read the verses that you posted, again, thanks. I think they are symbolic, i.e. a worldly reference to troops, war, death, sickness, the politics of religion and land. Stories make wars. It's not just the other way around.

PEACE