View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #117
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Quote:
I beg to differ on your view here. I for one, have very little, materailly or financially. I came here as much to share my experiences with others as to learn from others experiences. Memebers who post are not "takers". Many, maybe MOST, are in fact "Givers", as they are sharing and providing information, knowledge, experience and learning. The members contributions are the SOLE content of the Avalon forum.
I guess it's your very good right to differ.

Quote:
Also.. how can you possibly comment or know what any single person here does to make a contribution to this world?? Do you know any, or all of them?? What they have done/do now/do in future?? Who are you to estimate, assume or judge anybody's commitment or actions or record towards service to others, to the world, or to bringing about positive changes???
Why can i not comment? You do! My opinion on this subject may be different from yours, but it's just as valid.

Quote:
the accusation that people who are leaving " prefer self-service, i.e. what's in it for me? And yet, ..want this world to change for the better...just as long as you are not asked to participate in it's change" is not only laughable, it is quite insulting and offensice to the many, many people (much more than me!) who have shared so much knowledge, wisdom, love and ideas on here.. and in life/the woder world ... for FREE !!!
I guess you want everything for free.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote