View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #19
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstlook View Post
Hey those are all things we should be aware of and keep working on. Im with ya.
Thanks! Please don't take offense at some of the sarcasm that you are about to read. I have absolutely no ill feelings here. I'm writing this with a smile on my face- Okay?

Quote:
With that said, Im Sorry man, but that is the most selfish rant ive heard in a long time.
Selfish? Please cut me some slack dude... I think it's more accurate to say that you just don't agree.

Quote:
1. Legalization means that hundreds of thousands of people will not get thrown into prison.
Umm... I don't agree. When legalization happens it will come in the form of "Medical Marijuana" legislation and it will come with strings attached- all kinds of new laws and restrictions. Those laws and restrictions will protect corporate interests and create more opportunities to throw regular people in prison.

You will also need a prescription to smoke it or buy it- without which you will still go to prison. You will be limited to the amount you are allowed to carry and have at home. No big deal until the cops start patting you down or show up at your door because the music is too load.

Legalization is not about you. It's not about the regular guy who likes to smoke a nice fat blunt with his buddies. It's about control, it's about taxes, and it's about big business.

Quote:
2. Your view that its wrong to legalize it, because Big pharma will contaminate it is understood, but irrelevant. Its about what "the people" can do once it is legal.
Irrelevant? Come on... who died and made you the boss of this thread? And I did state beforehand that it was a rant so get over it.

It has nothing to do with "the people" my friend. Do you want to know what it's really about? go back and read what I wrote in step 1.

Quote:
3. im sorry for all the regulations. But it is the name of the game when you deal with the government.
Exactly... that's why you don't want to create more laws. All the government needs to do is "repeal" the laws that are already on the books... the ones that make marijuana "illegal". If they repeal the current laws nobody goes to jail and you don't have all the stings attached. I never said that I was against "legalization". I said that "the way the government wants to do it" is not a good idea, and I firmly stand by that.

Quote:
4. I do not see legalization as a money maker. I see it as whatever "the people" want it to be. whether it is for recreation, medical, or business.
No offense but that statement is really naive.

Quote:
5. I dont need permission to smoke or grow anything. I dont want to be thrown in jail when I do. What dont you get about being locked up?
That's right. You don't need permission. It's your god given right to smoke whatever natural herb on the face of this beautiful planet. I don't want you to be thrown in jail either buddy! But if people keep falling over every time the government says BOO they will just keep piling on more laws and reasons to throw you in prison.

You might want to go back to step 3 and read what I wrote about "repealing" the laws so nobody goes to jail. As a matter of fact if they repeal the current laws most of those people already incarcerated for marijuana related charges get a "get out of jail free" card... but the corrupt prison system doesn't want that because they will lose a good portion of their slave labor force. Oh my... let me refrain before the thread police accuse me of being irrelevant.

Quote:
Honestly sir, your reasons "sound" good, but your speaking politics to me.....and well It really bares no weight on the subject.
Your just being cute...

Quote:
Just being honest.

LEGALIZE IT
An opinion is an opinion. What you are mistaking as your own honesty is the Naïveté of a misguided individual who has played into the hands of government propaganda. You have your eye on the prize instead of the finish line.

Quote:
peace

P.S. I just want to stress, that I dont care what new spin the government uses with the legalization movement. I want to be free.
You don't care what spin the government uses... yes that's obvious... your stuck on the idea of "legalization" and you have firmly planted yourself on the bandwagon and closed your mind.

Freedom is a state of mind. Ask Spoon Jackson.

Peace to you as well brother.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote