View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #45
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Thank you for the poem re Ramanah.
He was one of my first teachers albiet by book.
One of the finest.

The ego can be trained and will become the spiritual ego which is no small achievement, however it can only take you so far before it is to be surendered to God if further progress is to be made.

The spiritual ego is very clever and will lay claim to being Co-Creator with God. Not so. God dosent require a Co Creator -- that is just a vanity of the ego.

Co-creator obviously is duality--- Him and me. Not Oneness.
God is incapable of creating negativity
Im paraphrasing David Hawkins in saying all that.

The ego is self centered and is responsible for every form of misery on this earth. At its worst it is Meglomania and responsible for all the wars.
At its best it will lay claim to being compasionate and perform good deeds but there is still the "Look at me how clever I am" agenda.
The egoless has no agenda but to serve as a channel for Gods work. That seems like duality but its not. The moment words are used its not it. The words can only point to the truth -- not be it. Its like being a branch of the tree of God.

The ego is not the enemy and it has got us this far, it is just not capable of Love as expressed by Jesus.
He said "Of myself I do nothing it is the Father within who is the doer."

Joy is our natural state. Nothing external causes that. Whaen all the obsticles to what we are are removed the Love/ joy just shines out, hence the term enlightend as in the poem re Ramanah. Saints are depicted with a halo, that is an indicator of the spiritual energy of love that radiates forth from them.

Love is like gravity it is a powerfull energy field it dosent have to do nything it just affects all that is attracted to it.

Love Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 12-15-2009 at 05:53 PM.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote