View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #86
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone in Southern California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
If we are going to meet, the time is now. We have some "hot" dates coming up according to the Half Past Human folks. Notably around the 7th (they indicated an economic event) and around the 15th (potential military event). With all the uncertainty in our lives right now, I think it would be fun to take a break and meet up with some like minded individuals and make some new friends.
You are right.

I say we do this on Saturday, October 4th or Sunday, October 5th. Most people have weekends off so that would be ideal. Now should we do this in a central location for Southern California or should we do this at a large venue?

For a central location I say somewhere in Riverside County, and for somewhere with a larger venue and probably where more people here live I would suggest Balboa Park in San Diego. But then that would leave all the Los Angeleans out because that's a long drive for them.

Perhaps the Los Angeleans should hold their own in some park in Los Angeles and the San Diegans hold theirs in Balboa Park and from there the Inland Empire and Orange County people choose which one of the two is closer?

For the record I'm from north county San Diego, I'm not trying to manipulate anyone to have a meeting near where I live so I don't have to drive that far

I think I'm just going to PM everyone who posted in this thread and find it out for sure.
Jeff Delano is offline   Reply With Quote