View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 AM   #73
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone in Southern California?

HIKE MONDAY

Several of us in the San Diego area have talked about a hike. Some of us have met and talked by phone. But I haven't been able to get hold of everyone. I know this is short notice but...

If you'd like to hike Daley Ranch tomorrow morning, Monday, we'll be meeting at the Starbucks on El Norte Parkway in Escondido at 8:30 AM. From there we'll go to Daley Ranch and spend a few hours hiking through standing stones and sacred energy spots. You'll see for yourself whether I'm making this up

Except for one flat stretch this will be moderately rugged hiking. Distance will depend on the wishes and stamina of the group, but we'll cover a minimum of 3-5 miles. Wear good hiking boots, and bring a hiking staff if you have one. Bring water and a hat. There are rattlesnakes in the area...I rarely see them due to my agreement with the Snake King, but they're all over the place. We could see coyote, deer, mountain lions. Be sure you bring your cameras!

For those who are interested but can't make it on such short notice...get in touch with me by PM. I go out there regularly. I hope those of you who join me tomorrow have some new things to think about and will mention your impressions here on the thread!
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote