View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do I have information overload?

I went through the same thing, shock, anger, then I took responsibility for the "ignore" in the word ignorance. How cleverly designed it all was I thought...

For me to have given away my power to authority even when I thought had not. Then there is plenty of energies generated that can eat one up if not directed in a more healthy way.

My journey began doing research in the medical world because a close friend of mine, his wife, developed glioblastoma (deadly brain tumor).. this was at a time before computers were in our homes, '93.

So, I began to put together a patient advocacy business, a free library w/contacts for people to become educated, and my friend (who had a lot of rage when his wife died) became an Naturopath (long story there).

I think that one must not only pass it on to others regardless of whether they think you are bonkers or not... your energy needs to be directed somewhere that allows you to feel that you are helping others.

A website just popped into mind... Montalk.net has a section, I think it's called "Fringe for Beginners"...

At that time, in the mid-90's one felt very much alone... and now that we have computers, we make connections with other people and try to support others with or without money.

Hang in there. And welcome!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote