View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Maybe somewhere in the Solar system they have a better constitution. Why not ask first?
Is anyone aware of a better constitution which has been in use for at least a couple of centuries? Can you provide a link? I highly suspect that alien races monitor this site...and possibly comment. I'm not trying to be arrogant. This is completely new territory to me. I'm simply exploring a distant and mythical land. Everything seems to be changing...and up for grabs. I'm sort of a rebel without a clue.

I welcome all alternative constitutions which have a significant history, and widespread application...so as to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the document in real world and real universe conditions. This invitation also applies to alternatives to the United Nations Charter...which the slightly modified United States Constitution is intended to replace.

I'm simply trying to think in non-nationalistic, non-protectionistic, all-inclusive terms. Do we want a New World Order and Secret(or Open) Alien Rule of Earth? Some say this constitutes a Theocracy. Is this what we want? Can a Theocracy be anything but Tyrannical? Can a Tyranny be anything but Corrupt? Are there exceptions to the concept that Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely? My guess is that a Constitutional Alternative to a Universal Church would have to apply to the entire solar system...at least. I guess this would be an attempt to get the Secret Space Program and Deep Underground Military Bases (throughout the solar system?) under control...and to attempt to prevent a solar system wide Battle of Armageddon...which could potentially destroy most...if not all...life in the solar system. There seems to be evidence of very ancient and very catastophic battles in this solar system. I suspect some very bitter feelings and very bad blood among the various races...going back a long, long time. If true...this may be very difficult to overcome.

This is all obviously hypothetical...and without insider information and/or governmental disclosure...would be impossible to prove. I'm just considering possibilities...and I recongnize the limitations of doing so.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 08-06-2009 at 07:14 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote