View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Venus Project is a Pipe Dream.......unless....

Hi nivosh and PS, thanks for your replies.

I have always felt that what nivosh says about the "nature of ourselves" is true. Even when I was very young and my Roman/Catholic schooling was telling me that the "afterlife" is something to be feared, I was never fearful. This will sound crazy I'm sure but, the earliest memory I have was that of a dog. Yes, I might be crazy. My parents reminded me (while joking w/ their friends at a dinner party) when i was 8 or so that at 4 years old I was recounting tales of being a black labradour, and immediatley I remembered the same detailed visions. I remember feeling that there was an entire other life I had lead. As a youngster I just thought it was cool that I had these strange memories (because I love dogs), but as I grew up and had time to reflect, I began to think that if this was not a past life, then it was at least a sign that life goes on in ways we can't imagine. It's very off the wall, but in a way, that is the reason that I believe to be "immortal" for lack of a better word.

So I die, big deal. I'm actually looking forward to death, not because I hate my life or anything like that (I do feel like I have alot left to do/experience/influence here on earth), but because it will be a great adventure. What does concern me, is seeing my fellow human beings being exploited unwhittingly or otherwise. My life has been so easy, I've had plenty of daydreaming time to consider so many philisophical questions. I just want to do all I can to help others realise the limitations of their surroundings. I think alot of these "spiritual awakening" movies like zeitgeist can potentially cause poeple to turn them into a religion of sorts thereby skipping the critical thinking we would normally apply.

Nivosh is right, the real work must be done inside each of us individually, but we need to realise that, for things to be set right (here on earth), we all need the chance to do the work unincumbered by disinfo and mental manipulation. Forget zeitgeist, forget project camelot, forget what i have said, forget it all, what do YOU think?
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote