View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #198
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Cliff High view on Bill Ryans accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva777 View Post

(Quoting Clif High) I began my own research into Bill Deagle by the simple expedient of Google ... In the investigation that I did perform with Google, the second query that I used was “Dr + Bill + Deagle + fraud”. The results led me directly to the information that I passed on to Bill Ryan that he has misunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post

Clif was correct about my getting the 'PI' wrong. That was my error. The rest of what I wrote was essentially correct.

The substantive issue is that Clif was trying to smear a whistleblower for reasons best known to himself, and was searching for information he could use to discredit him. For me, that's an integrity issue.

What I'd called a PI [Private Investigator] was described in the original e-mail (sent to me on 14 April) by Clif as a "researcher/detective". This person was NOT hired by him. My mistake, and I'm happy to correct that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinYangMind View Post

3. Is Bill suffering some memory loss? In his mini mea-culpa to Clif's open letter, he stated that he (Bill) was incorrect in stating that Clif had hired a PI to investigate Deagle and Clif clearly stated that he did not investigate Deagle's finances, yet Bill states in this response that Clif 'should not be investigating someones personal finances with the intention to discredit him...and that IS his intention!' Wow! Not only did Clif not do what Bill aledges, but makes another 'claim' of what Clif's intentions are without providing evidence or proof! Clif simply did what the rest of us have asked B&K to do with their 'whistleblowers'...
Actually, what happened was that Clif High used information gained by someone who got access to Dr Deagle's personal bank account, which he found via a Google search, rather than by hiring a PI.

That's my understanding of the sequence of events.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote