View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #178
abraxasinas
_

Default Re: Cliff High view on Bill Ryans accusations

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsmith View Post
something stinks in project camembert, and it ain't francie jones.

Shame Kerry isn't more involved here or better still , could put Bill on a leash, but we all must move on in life and when there is this much tolerated (never mind defended) HYPOCRISY in a place supposedly devoted to truth, well , what a ***king joke, and I am tired of the swear ban, how old are we here?

People, seriously consider what forums actually are for. They exist mainly to mine information and manipulate the gullible. Sad, because the gullible so often come from the heart ,too.
For example, if you doubt that forums are for these purposes, then go to GLP ( god like productions) and mention just the word "Tavistock" , why? because that is the name of the social research ( engineering) group mining data there,( amongst others) It's an instant ban. People hate to be banned so they tow the line and give away a little of their integrity in increments, just to stay with their friends. Nobody is my friend here. the truth is my friend
yup, truth be told?... you wont find it here or maybe just the soft bits and the good stuff from people's hearts, but that is not what this place was set up for... in theory.
Besides, I just hate to see what happens when people become moderators, ego much? The third reich is quite easy to understand when you see what a little power does to people, god save me from the petty official.
Thanks to all the good ones who either stuck their necks out or tried to though.
Have fun in cloudy cuckoo land folks, it's getting pretty murky.
There is much truth in the words of swordsmith and his disappointment in the general 'quality' of forums on the internet is well justified and easily validated by the impartial observer.

However, many 'oldtimers' here would remember the tediousness of writing letters, photocopying them and then sending them through the mail to their destinations. And this after consulting encylopedias or public libraries and books in timeconsuming efforts to 'share information' say without having access to publishers of the written or the spoken words.

There IS a 'Change of Guard' on the horizon and this change will require much effort of deconditioning mind manipulation (not all of a devious nature) of say a thousand generations (20x1000).

Of course there will be ego-issues of all: founders, contributors and moderators.

Allow me to say however, that despite some 'strange mod decisions'; the moderators here have exhibited spiritual maturity and a necessary selfdiscipline in most circumstances.

As swordsmith has said however; this 'banning business' should NOT be implemented as it is at the present state of the affairs.

In situations of dispute a poll asking all contributors about 'disputed behaviour' would represent a selfregulatory mechanism and clearly 'crystallize' via 'peer pressure' if a certain 'pattern' is acceptable to the majority or not.
The moderators, instead of banning, could call for the polls.

Abraxasinas
abraxasinas is offline   Reply With Quote