View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #110
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Bill Ryan's Post on project Avalon chat

[QUOTE=ellie;246667]
Quote:
This forum has never ever had free speech. Hells, bells and little fishes it just hasn't alright. If someone with the power here said ban, then it was after a count of three mods in agreement.
This forum has guidelines. It is not a free for all zone. #1 is being respectful - please click the link at the bottom of this post and read our guidelines. Despite Kerry's belief in free speech, the guidelines do now allow for absolute free speech. People are banned for refusing to follow the guidelines, not for some frivolous arbitrary reason. People get warnings in private messages and through the infraction system, not on the public forum. And we do not wish to make a public spectacle of it. Are we always perfect at this - heck no. Usually people are banned for being incredibly rude.

Quote:
Would you stop with the Kerri bashing for crying out loud. THIS is what happened.
Kerry has her strengths and her weaknesses, as we all do. For the last year and longer, project Avalon was to be Bill's domain because of the difference in opinion. And we will not all have the same opinion on Kerry's actions. I was shocked, but not surprised by the forum closure, and it caused me a tremendous amount of work without any warning. It was me who insisted that a message be put up to let the members know what was going on. And that took quite some time to run it through Kerry's approval, while everyone was wondering.

Quote:
Bill stepped in and said for reasons I will not say he wanted the Thuban thread stopped, someone then complained to Kerri about that and she then took the action because she has been about free speech, and to let you make up your own mind about stuff.
True and now we finally have the division of Camelot from Avalon which was started over a year ago, where Bill was to take Avalon and the forum so the mods were not constantly caught in the middle of their differences. Bill prefers the forum be like a private party in your home. Come on in and have some fun - but please respect the house rules or leave. nothing too strict, just common courtesy and don't trash the place.

The Thuban issue was the greatest divisive issue I have seen on this forum. There will be a new guideline to handle this type of situation.

Quote:
And THAT is the darn truth of it.
Just watch me get banned now.

Go on take the bloody post off now push the bloody ban button.
Morons.
EGO of some people are beyond a bloody joke.
No name calling. I'm going to give you a pass on this one with a warning. I sense some deeper frustrations here and I send you love and healing. I'm also going to leave your attitude right there for all to see. This forum is about building new communities and a new society. You can respectfully complain. We do listen.

Last edited by Ross H; 03-02-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote