View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #221
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

(hic) G'day everyonebody, sssorry I haven't bin around for a night or two but (hic) I've bin celebrating 'cos I've bin offffered a job. Gosh, I hav'n worked in 20 years but tha's gonna change soon. And, I'll be travelling round the world too. So come on folks, the drinks are on me for the next (hic) hour.

Tell you what, I'll read you the l-l-letter I got offering me thish job. I've got it here in me pocket - er - hang on, I'll try the other one (hic). Ahh, here it is. Let me see . . . . get the envelope open . . . . okay, here we go:

Dear Brinty, allow me to introduce myself, my name is George and I travel around the world lecturing people on the evils of alcolol (oops, hic, I meant alcohol).With me on stage was my good friend Albert who would sit on a stool belching and passing wind, poking his finger up his nose, scratching his crutch, and making lewd comments to any women in the audience. (hic) You see, poor old Albert was an alcolol (hic) alcoholic. I would point to this poor wreck of a man as an example of the result of years of dissolute living.

Sadly,
(hic) Albert passed away last month. Your name has been brought to my attention, and I was wondering if you would be interested in taking on the role that Albert has left vacant. Our next (hic) tour begins on Monday, January the 12th, 2009. Please contact me to confirm your acceptance of this offer.

Yours faithfully,

Captain G Whyte,

Salvation Army.

So, drink up, and help me celebrate by singing and dancing the night away.(hic)
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote