View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Merlyn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: --==: A New Mayan Tzolkin Calendar ? :==--

eddiefibbro,

Interesting writing. The new Mayan Tzolkin I was shown has more than the 260 kin or days in the current Mayan Tzolkin calendar. But the 260 kin are within this new Tzolkin. It is interesting all over the world there are significances to the color green. Like the Green Man.

And I forgot to mention an important Mesoamerican green relation to QuetzalCoatl because Quetzal relates to green. There is a prophecy called the "Eagle and the Condor" and the Mayan leader Don Alejandro Oxlaj says this:
"Those of the Center will unite the Eagle of the North with the Condor of the South”. - Mayan leader Don Alejandro Oxlaj
The "center" could relate to the color Green which is the center of the Mayan Medicine wheel and would also relate to the Maya people and the Maya Tzolkin.

The new Tzolkin I have seen has red, white, black/blue, yellow, and green glyphs. It also has new tones so more than the 13 tones of the current Mayan Tzolkin calendar.

This new Tzolkin has a sacred geometry "golden ratio" relationship to the current Mayan Tzolkin calendar. In fact it appears that the winter solstice of 2012 is sitting on a "golden transition" point for a shift of cycles.
Merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote