View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
hollylindin
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Racist Comments of Eagle Disobey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
That "Eagles Disobey" site is sleezy, negative and self-serving as far as I am concerned. They use the "political correctness" angle as an excuse to attack Camelot. Who cares what ethnic group or person does the whistleblowing as long as they continue to do so!
100%, Sun.

What's interesting is that this makes me think of all those political campaigns we see on TV when different elections roll around. They always spend SO MUCH TIME trying to discredit each other instead of just coming out and saying what THEY will offer and being POSITIVE about it! That's what always has bugged me about Eagles Disobey - that it seems they're spending all their energy trying to discredit Project Camelot (for WHAT? I hafta wonder!), when what they REALLY should be doing is just living their lives and showing their GOODNESS by their actions.

And if they're not trying to discredit Camelot, they're usually boasting and bragging about how they feed the homeless. Yes, I appreciate that, but it's like, why mention it all the time? Why not just be humble and help them for the sake of helping them? It seems so contrived - like the publicity from feeding the homeless is more important than the fact they're feeding the homeless at all. I don't visit their site anymore - there's way too much negativity.

Kudos to Bill and Kerry. They've had a few people in the past bash them, but they still are noble and don't drag others' names through the mud. That takes real character and proves their devotion to their "job", I think. In conferences and stuff after the whole Dan-and-Kerry-crystal thing (I'm rolling my eyes here, as I think it sounded so ridiculous.), Kerry and Bill STILL talked about Dan's story as though he were a friend and a colleague - they never went outta their way to discredit him or stoop to his level. I definitely respect that.

The question is, WHY are they being discredited? And even better, who is SCARED enough that they're putting them down?

<3
hollylindin is offline   Reply With Quote