View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
arcora
Banned

Default Re: The Bible, Our Conclusion. by Norval and Gale

@Monkey

I will give you a thought experiment and I hope you'll consider it honestly.

Let's say you created something. Or, better yet, let's say you clone yourself. You want to have some help with your work, or help you around the house. So you bee-bop on down to the genetecist and order three little 'mini-me's created to help you.

Your three clones arrive.

Clone 1 knows that without you he wouldn't exist. So he appreciates you and does what you ask - knowing that you wouldn't ever ask him to do something that wasn't in the best interest of you and the other clones. He's happy to help wherever his help is needed.

Clone 2 is disrespectful. He thinks he's better than you and wants to be the guy calling the shots. He talks smack about you and doesn't like Clone 1. He's always stirring up trouble in your home.

Clone 3 just does whatever he feels like doing. He doesn't have an opinion about you or the other two clones. He doesn't take orders from you or anyone - he just does whatever he wants and doesn't care about anyone or anything except himself.

One day Clone 2 decides that he's had enough of Clone 1 doing whatever you say and showing you proper respect.

You walk into a room and find Clone 2 with a knife at Clone 1's throat. Clone 3 is just standing there watching, doing nothing to help.

You decide that the clones aren't really working out the way you had hoped. What would you do?

Last edited by arcora; 10-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote