View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #23
alke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: any germans out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
I'm not German...but Germany is fascinating. My two favorite German words are 'Porsche' and 'Bach'. Martin Luther was German. The Protestant Reformation was a German phenomenon. The Bavarian Illuminati is fascinating. The Aldebaran connection is fascinating. The uber-technology of the 1930's and 1940's is fascinating. Project Paperclip is fascinating. The current pope is German.

Please listen to 00:40 to 01:10 of this Al Beilek interview...as it is relevant to this thread. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3655896&hl=en# I can't vouch for the info...but I found it uber-interesting. The Germany of the 1930's had so much going for it...and the 1940's were utterly devastating.

I won't post any more on this thread...but what has transpired in Germany over the past few centuries may be the key to so much of what we discuss in Avalon.
thanks for posting!

i donīt think germany is so very special. even not in the moment, or after WWII. but you are absolutly right about the things which happend around the 1930īs!

alke is offline   Reply With Quote