Thread: UK Ground Crew
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #66
omshanti2
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: UK Ground Crew

I think this is a great idea, we could discuss what skills we have to offer and what resourss we will need, perhaps, because we all live in many parts of the Uk it is difficult for many people to travel far, so if somone from each location could bring their local group together, IE all Birmingham bods meet up, people in Scottland close to each other meet up etc, eventually when we find where the safe ground is we can all meet up and work together.
The skill I have to offer is I am a Nurse ( speciality, Orthopeadic and Trauma, also Infectiouse Diseass, I know my antibiotics) and My partner is a whiz at growing food and because of some kind soul on one of the other threads, we are now aware how to store the seeds aswell. My partner is also a trained Door man has also done Body Guarding. I also have purchased the partisans book and I was given by a Millitary chap an S.A.S Survival Guide Book, I also purchased from Cost Co, a wind up radio which has lighting and an alarm included, it only cost £10 for two, the lights are very powerful, when you wind it up it lasts for three months and then you wind it up again.
Also before it was taken off the net, I have a print out of where the Highest ground is in the UK, I knew what lay ahead so I printed it off a couple of years ago. I have got to get it out of my caravan, I put it in there incase of Emergency get away, I will post it on the thread later and you can give me feedback.
I hope you dont take me the wrong way by posting this ( hope you dont think i'm being pushy), but I realy want this Community thing to work and I have faced chaos when working on a Orthopeadic Trauma ward and if your not organised early on, before the Emergency occurs, then things fall apart quickly, look forward to meeting you all ( united we stand devided we fall).
Hello revy, I think you are close to me so PM me and I will give you my email address.
Oh, buy some Kelp off ebay, good for protecting the thyoroid gland from radiation, the thyoroid is what is affected by radiation/nuclear fall out (Iodine tablet also but not able to purchase), I did some research and this is what the Russians used after the accident regarding the chenobal reactor, with positive results, for burns and infections, Aloe vera, the indoor plant, hope I have been of some help.

Last edited by omshanti2; 09-19-2008 at 10:40 AM.
omshanti2 is offline   Reply With Quote