View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #139
sirdiablo69
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Melbourne/Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace2all View Post
Thanks Sirdiablo69 for your feedback, I felt a bit silly mentioning it but as parents and all - just seeing others had any views on it. Your info regarding the laws with Australia and US was appreciated. From what I have read Australia has no law stating Australian citizens rights or martial law in Australia. Do you know much about this. I saw a guy on A Current Affair programs some time this year wanting a bill of rights for Aust. Citizens to cover martial law rights etc.
I also agree with others that we should not live in fear - but at the same time safety or doubts should considered. Pep
Changes to our laws to allow for the implimentation of martial law, l assure you one and all that just like the patriot act 1 and 2 in the USA that have been implimented since 9/11, have already been written, so if/when australia has the nessecary catalyst, e.g some ******** breach in security, acted out by some ******** terrorist group, the various political factions introduce new measures/ changes in law that allow us to be lead down the same path, all in the name of freedom and security, yet it turns out to victimise the same people it claimed to protect, if they object.
i ASSURE YOU SOME WILL OBJECT whilst most will do what ever it takes to stay alive.
sirdiablo69 is offline   Reply With Quote