View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
WorldGathering
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Great Gathering Together 'Truth' Circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curative View Post
Thank you for the summary WG.
Is this at all connected with the druids gathering at Stonehenge on the solstices?
I live about 20 miles from Avebury and may well give the stones a visit on June 21st. With talking stick in hand perhaps.
Hello Curative,

I think your idea of taking the Talking Stick to AVEBURY for the Solstice in June is an EXCELLENT idea.

I would love to be at Avebury for the Solstice myself. But I have been hit constantly by some form of directed-energy attack since October 2000, just after sending several million emails around the world announcing the Start of the World Gathering For Truth. This attack has made everything very difficult .... I am wittering on about this because I have a feeling for Avebury and many other power spots in the South, and I have seen great things happen when the talking stick goes around.

How about .... maybe we can work together on this .... AVEBURY / SOLSTICE. As I frequently can hardly walk across my room, I don't think I can get from Northumberland to Avebury for the Solstice. Also, I have a 'feeling' for the North at the moment.

The SOLSTICE is at 11.28am, Monday 21st June. How about going to Avebury for 11am on both Sunday 20th and Monday 21st ... with the talking stick?

I remember a good crowd used to turn up at Avebury on the actual Solstice Day. But perhaps a good crowd will there on both Sunday and Monday, this year.

You know the two, big stones, 'The Cove'? I would locate myself near the Cove, it's close to the centre of the circle, and it's where we used to gather, often, between 200 and 300 people. We would sit in the big space a little out from The Cove so we were not restricting anyone's access to any of the Stones.

You may get a similar thing going.

If you got there around 11 am, you could start to put the word around that there will be a TALKING CIRCLE at NOON.

If you start forming that Talking Circle around, say, 11.45 .... people wandering around will see what is starting to happen and may join you.

As more people join, you can always all stand up and then enlarge the circle. If you suggest to a few people to occasionally look outwards from your circle, you may catch the eye of someone who is interested, and give them a friendly wave to join in... or just hold that thought.

The focus I would think of is: What do people feel about the state of the world right now? What's on people's minds? What can we do about the state of the world?

You can send big ripples of effect out from Avebury at the Solstice. The word passes from person to person when people return home from your gathering.

If you meet someone who plans to be at Stonehenge, around similar times, maybe they can focus Talking Circles there too.

Re the Druids at Stonehenge. Essentially they are just marking and celebrating the Solstice. But if we set a trend, maybe in a year or two, after they have celebrated the Sunrise, they will pass the talking stick too.

There's a lot of Gremlins around, aren't there, for some reason I have stopped receiving notifications of new posts on this topic.

If anyone would like to contact me direct, my email is:
michael@worldgathering.net

I have not yet had an invitation to the new Avalon forum.

The time of the Solstice is 11.28 GMT. What's that in actual / BST? Is that 12.28? Wow. That's great timing for a Talking Circle which starts at Noon.

Just reading your post... were you thinking of going to Stonehenge, rather than Avebury, for the Solstice? If Stonehenge still has restricted access and you have to pay to go in, I would go to Avebury. Avebury is free, and open, and there's more space for large numbers of people to gather. And it's a beautiful place.

Great wishes, Michael
WorldGathering is offline   Reply With Quote