View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #22
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The United States of the Solar System

What if I should focus exclusively on the human race...because there is so much confusion, deception, and disinformation regarding other races? What if...in this internet age...representatives are not necessary or desired? What if legislation was drafted by the people directly...and then debated on the internet for 1 year before voting on it? What if there was a yearly test...on current events and laws...which would qualify a person to be a knowledgeable and responsible voter? Instead of running for office...one would study for a test. Passing this test would qualify a person to be a voter. Should the United States of the Solar System simply consist of reasonable groupings of human beings throughout the Solar System?

My mind is not made up. I'm simply trying to learn. My mind is becoming more and more confident regarding the concept of responsible freedom...but I am not absolutely sure how this should best be implemented. Instead of a national view, or a world view...I really like the idea of a Solar System View. Do you see where I am going with this thread? It's a different way of looking at things.

Now I'm going to take a break...so I won't be commenting for awhile. Hopefully you folks can figure this out. Good luck!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 08-09-2009 at 11:57 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote