View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #324
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: THE WATCHER Directional Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpotential View Post
May I ask you a question, Watcher.

In light of some of the points raised just above about the implementation of Marshall Law in the UK, I would ask just how successful the government (I suppose) would think it could be in securing this? I live in the UK, as do you noting your profile, and the psychology of the populace, admittedly one of ignorance to the true state of reality so to speak, is one that strangely enough does not seem as though it could really handle being controlled in such a way.

I do not mean to suggest that the general populace would rise up to defend their rights etc. But rather that out of the basic needs for food and travel, that the people would naturally represent a force that the government could not control to any extreme degree. In the instance of a general collapse economically for example, I think possibly it is much more likely that there would be a fragmentation of the country to such a state of chaos that the forces of government would themselves disintegrate on trying to contain it. A revolution with an uncertain outcome possibly the result.

What do you think of these points?

LP
You raise some very valid points, thats why I stated above in one of the replies that the UK Gov would find it extremely difficult to initiate 'Warden' and actually carry it out. Thats why the current UK gov ministers are arguing over it. We are a small island and crowded with about 60 million individuals but if the s*** ever hits the fan they would activate it and ramp it up as best as could, no doubt calling in for assistance from fellow Nato nations. One thing, much talk about US and Martial Law, it would be just as difficult for the US to have Martial Law initiated, they could not do so for every state, at most only a handful of states could effectively be covered by M.L.
THEWATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote