View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #1862
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: X men - 5 Dollar Ft. long Subs-cryptionite

This thread was so amazing and kept me coming here everyday, sometimes just for this one alone. I don't know if this will come out right as a question but I have seen these signs all my life but more recently I have begun to ask myself to what end?

So what if someone puts an obvious archtype or symbol in a music video or a movie poster. If we recognise it, good we can feel pleased with ourselves or see deeper into what is being suggested. But what does it do for the movie? Is it a private conversation going between parties?
Is that connected to the content of the film at all or the power of suggestion it may have over people, or is it tagged on as a continuing aestetic joke?

That's a bit of a question, I know, if I have managed to convey my meaning.

And I am more visual in my recognition so this has me bugged why this spelling "Inglourious Basterds" I can see that maybe the second word would just have been banned or censored but the first and honestly I have not done a comparative numerology on either and I probably wouldn't trully understand the difference anyway.

all the best

g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote