View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Community Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
Kre8ive Lady:

Do you think this would be solved by not having one single member who had any more of a controlling interest in the land than any other?

Not that I would wish hard times upon anyone, but I wonder if money had no value and if food was slightly more scarce if people would come together.

--sjkted
I think the only way to avoid the "Mini Hitler" situation is to make it against the rules of the community. If someone is storing too many resources or is power grabbing, the person would be considered for reprimand. We now know what can happen when power grows to monstrous proportions. Its a lesson well learned and, if we are ready, will carry us into the new paradigm.

The second point is more involved but it also ties in. When there is plenty then the community will fight, when there is scarcity then the community comes together. This is a remnant of the reptillian part of the brain. If there is any such thing as a viable community we are going to have to abandon this way of thinking. Think in terms of a higher purpose.

I just think it will take a major shift in the way people think. I'm not sure we are ready for that, but I could be wrong.

Also, I think everyone should have their own free energy.

I wouldnt be opposed to a Counsel of Elders but not a Government.
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote